Place: Ankara, Turkey
Position: Project Financial Assistant
Reference Number: Ankara2022-18
Project: Project on the Promotion of Access to Justice by Refugees, Asylum-seekers and Temporary Protection Beneficiaries in Turkey
The applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 19th, 2022 by indicating reference number.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Currently, over 3.7 million Syrians under temporary protection and over 350.000 international protection applicants and statute holders from different countries live in Turkey. This large group, which is seeking international protection in Turkey with various legal statutes, may face different legal problems in daily life. These people can be a party to legal disputes from decisions such as refoulement, which can directly affect one’s right to life; to divorce, domestic violence and work-place accidents. It is important that these people, majority of whom are facing economic difficulties, are supported in access to justice.
“Project on the Promotion of Access to Justice by Refugees, Asylum-seekers and Temporary Protection Beneficiaries in Turkey” aims to ensure the access of international protection applicants, statute holders and persons under temporary protection, who are a party to a legal dispute, to qualified legal assistance.
Activities within the Project will be conducted under 2 components which have been summarized below.
The first step to cover the gaps in the system has been taken through the establishment of model legal clinics in Şanlıurfa, Hatay, Gaziantep, Kilis and Malatya with the cooperation of the Union of Turkish Bar Associations, Local Bar Association and the UNHCR. The access of international protection applicants, statute holders and persons under temporary protection to correct and full legal assistance services to be carried out under professional ethical supervision has been ensured through the legal clinic. Awareness raising activities, legal representation in cases which may contribute to the case law within the field, advocacy activities and vocational and trainee trainings may also be conducted through the clinic to be established.
Within the scope of the legal aid component of the project, trainings on “International Protection and Refugee Law” were held in 32 pilot cities. On the other hand, an automation system was established to assign the trained lawyers to legal aid cases of refugees, asylum seekers and temporary protection beneficiaries.
ln this respect, the attorney fees, litigation expenses, notary expenses, including issuance of power of attorney, translation and interpretation, as well as the lawyers’ transportation costs to visit their clients are being covered and the automation system is being operated in order to enable financial transactions to the lawyers and to cover the expenses of the above outlined items.
The objective of this position is to support the implementation of the project through pursuing the consistency of the activities to be conducted with the budget; in order to reach the project outcomes.
- Responsibilities of the Project Financial Assistant
The project financial assistant will be responsible of the following duties:
- To collect, record and preserve information on the Project activities and to do reporting,
- To prepare legal aid payments,
- To prepare reports regarding the budget,
- To ensure the consistency of the expenditures with the budget and the project implementation rules,
- To prepare status and progress reports, to conduct routine communications,
- To follow the implementation and performance of project outcomes through work plans, progress reports, budget, financial reports and expenditures,
- To be in communication and cooperation with the UTBA and the UNHCR regarding the implementation of the project,
- To carry out other tasks.
This Project has been implemented since 2018 by signing one-year partnership agreements.
5. Organizational Framework
The physical working environment of the project financial assistant will be provided by the UTBA. The financial assistant will report to the UTBA, and work in close coordination and cooperation with other project staff and partners. The incumbent will sign an employment contract of definite duration with the UTBA, and will be employed within the International Relations and EU Centre.
6. Required Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance,
- At least 2 years experience in related fields,
- Computer skills,
- Fluency in Turkish and English,
- Experience in projects funded by the UN, donors and/or NGOs is an asset,
- Experience in financial reporting and/or expenditure monitoring systems is an asset,
- Experience with ORACLE, PeopleSoft based software (ATLAS) is an asset,
- To have completed military service for male candidates.
- Internships are not considered work experience.
- Compulsory military service is not considered work experience.
- Experiences gained prior to undergraduate education are not considered work experience.
7. Additional Documents Required
- One-page letter of intent explaining the relevance to the position
- CV including related work experience and at least two references
The candidates meeting the minimum requirements within the terms of reference will be short-listed. The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview. The interviews will be conducted in English/Turkish.
ÖNEMLİ NOT: YUKARIDAKİ ETKİNLİK/PROJE/DUYURU/HABER İÇERİĞİNDEN DERNEĞİMİZ SORUMLU DEĞİLDİR. İLAN SAHİBİ KURUM YA DA KURULUŞ, İLANIN YAYINLANMASININ ARDINDAN İLANDA DEĞİŞİKLİK YAPABİLİR. SON BAŞVURU TARİHİ, PROJE TARİHLERİ, PROJEYE BAŞVURU YAPABİLEN ÜLKELER VB. SONRADAN DEĞİŞTİRİLEBİLİR. BÖYLE BİR DURUM OLMASI TAKDİRİNDE DERNEĞİMİZ SORUMLU DEĞİLDİR. İLAN İLE İLGİLİ HER KONUDA LÜTFEN İLAN SAHİBİ KURUMLA İLETİŞİME GEÇİNİZ.