Groups and Social Programme Internship
Business Studies and/or Management Science, Communication and Information Sciences, Education and/or Teacher Training
Period: 7 Nov, 2022 to 26 May, 2023
Duration: 6 months
Atlas Language School is a multiple award winning language school with operations in Ireland, the UK and Malta. Our mission is to make each day of our student’s language travel programme an unforgettable life and learning experience and we are dedicated to providing the highest level of service in every aspect of what we do.
We are looking for a groups and social programme intern to start in November for 5 to 6 months (not including our 2 week Christmas break).
If you are sociable, friendly, organised, and feel comfortable being in charge of group of students, then this is the internship for you!
Purpose of Position:
To assemble welcome packs, to enter groups onto the school system, to prepare certificates and to check on attendance. To ask students about feedback and to evaluate it. To help the Social Programme coordinator plan and organise social programme activities. To be an activity leader.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembling Welcome Packs for groups before arrival
- Entering and booking groups into the school system
- Entering group details in documents e.g. Groups Overview, Calendar, NSS
- Following up on assessment tests and adding them to the system
- Preparing registers for groups classes
- Checking attendance daily and filling out absence reports
- Printing certificates and bringing them to class
- Printing feedback forms and bringing them to class
- Collecting feedback forms, evaluating the data and filling out feedback reports
- Liaising with the FOH intern and academic intern as required
- Creating and editing ‘Activity info sheets’ for specific activities
- Being a Social Programme Leader for groups or adults on activities
- Helping the SP Coordinator plan and execute activities / come up with new activities
- Organising and being in charge of seasonal activities at school
- Talking to students to sign up to activities
- Advertising activities every Monday during break time and talk to students/check sign ups throughout the week
- Creating content for social media related to the Social Programme
- Running errands occasionally
Compensation and benefits:
Salary: €500 per month
Accommodation: 2 free weeks in a host family or at the residence (after the two free weeks this would be €170 per week including breakfast and dinner).
In addition to this, you’re more than welcome to take part in our part-time evening language classes throughout your stay and you can sit for a Cambridge Exam for free.
There are also opportunities to attend our social programme activities at a discounted rate or for free.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.