12-20 June 2022 | Struga, Republic of North Macedonia
FOR PARTICIPANTS for INTERNATIONAL SEMINAR ‘’BUILDING COMMUNITIES AND SOCIAL INCLUSION THROUGH FORUM THEATER’’
Context of the seminar
Nowadays on political plan in European Societies can be easily noted the increased augmentation of nationalism, the intensification of stereotypes, the increase of feelings of xenophobia and racism and the increased marginalization and intolerance towards certain groups of people such as Roma and others. Many Roma and Non Roma youth organizations are asked to respond to these new needs and they are experimenting with new, innovative, methodologies. During this seminar we would like to explore how Forum Theatre can be used in Youth Work with Roma people as a tool for building a sense of community, raising awareness on current issues, promoting solidarity and social inclusion, and giving the motivation and will to the young people to become more active citizens.
The methodology is based on NFE methods: using manuals such as COMPASS(new edition), Human Rights Education; Salto Toolbox; T-Kit-Social Inclusion etc. groups work, brainstorming, wall writing, association game, discussion, fish bowl, debate, case studies, role playing, simulation, audiovisual techniques. Forum theater will be the main method.
The objectives are:
– To gain theatre skills necessary for understanding needs of socially excluded and marginalized Roma young people;
– To give information about important forms of exclusion with the explicit aim of breaking negative stereotypes against Roma;
– To experience human rights and social inclusion education activities and explore how to adapt them at local context;
– To motivate and encourage the young people to act as multipliers and promote initiatives that would foster inclusion of Roma marginalized groups;
– To share knowledge and experiences on challenges to combat marginalization and social exclusion faced by Roma young people.
Profile of the participants:
– be familiar with the situation and challenges of the Roma community in their country;
– be motivated to develop their competences in advocacy, antidiscrimination work, human rights and to share their experiences with other participants;
– be aged 18+;
– be committed to attend for the full duration of the seminar;
– be able to work in English;
This Seminar is
for 29 participants
from Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Italy, KOSOVO * UN RESOLUTION, Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey
and recommended for
Youth workers, Youth leaders, Youth project managers, Volunteering mentors, Youth coaches, Youth researchers
Institut for Roma and Minorities (Youth NGO)
Institute for Roma and Minority strives for a society where the targeted young people enjoy equal
access to opportunities regardless of their ethnicity, have a voice in their community and society,
whose needs are tackled by the institutions that have a direct impact in their daily lives. Our vision is
based on universal standards and practices of the civil society. The mission is to empower minority
and Roma young people for the challenges they face supporting them with various formal and non
formal activities that enable them to become active citizens influencing policies that are on their
Contact for questions:
No participation fee.
Accommodation and food
Full board and accommodation will be covered by the organisation.
The travel costs will be reimbursed up to the certain amount according to Erasmus+ rules.
ÖNEMLİ NOT: YUKARIDAKİ ETKİNLİK/PROJE/DUYURU/HABER İÇERİĞİNDEN DERNEĞİMİZ SORUMLU DEĞİLDİR. İLAN SAHİBİ KURUM YA DA KURULUŞ, İLANIN YAYINLANMASININ ARDINDAN İLANDA DEĞİŞİKLİK YAPABİLİR. SON BAŞVURU TARİHİ, PROJE TARİHLERİ, PROJEYE BAŞVURU YAPABİLEN ÜLKELER VB. SONRADAN DEĞİŞTİRİLEBİLİR. BÖYLE BİR DURUM OLMASI TAKDİRİNDE DERNEĞİMİZ SORUMLU DEĞİLDİR. İLAN İLE İLGİLİ HER KONUDA LÜTFEN İLAN SAHİBİ KURUMLA İLETİŞİME GEÇİNİZ.