20-26 June 2022 | Osijek, Croatia
TC is designed to develop skills and attitudes of youth workers working with young people in rural and suburban areas struggling with social exclusion, poverty, unemployment and to develop in them a new spirit for challenges and initiatives.
Why are we implementing this TC?
After urbanization process, there was a drastic reduction of rural areas, all long important resources for people. People that are living in rural and isolated areas, cope with difficulties for basic needs, such as job, education, health and transportation as reported by all of our partner organisations. When they are compared to those living in cities, disadvantageous
youngsters are in need of more support than others to build their future, because, even if are trying to create value according to their capacity, they don’t have enough knowledge on how to do this. We can easily see that youth workers coming from those areas (and their leaders)dealing with those young people that are suffering this deficiency nearly every day.
Our TC is designed to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes of youth workers working with the main target group: young people in rural and suburban areas struggling with social exclusion, poverty, unemployment and so, develop in them a new spirit for challenges and initiatives.
We want to let those youth workers understand the importance of reflection that must become concrete action, starting for example by re-evaluation and developing of their ideas, to be used in a functional and sustainable way in their local area with the other youngsters during their youth work.
- Analyze the problems of those living in rural areas but also see the potentiality of their development
- Improve youth workers attitudes by providing them with methods, tools and motivation techniques, which will enable them to work efficiently with the target groups in the rural areas
- Support youth work in rural areas, to improve its quality
- Reflect on sustainable work and rural entrepreneurship possibilities exploiting rural resources
- Give information about Erasmus+ Program and give them opportunity to make new projects, give to the NGOs working in rural areas the opportunity to share their experiences, and establish an inter-organizational network
- To contribute to the recognition and visibility of good practice and new methods/strategies used to prevent/deal with youngsters suffering problems derived from living in rural areas
We are eager to strengthen the feeling of youth workers’ and the youth’s active citizenship in rural areas. We are trying to provide youth workers with tools to foster inclusion of the youngsters living isolated in the society. European Union also gives great importance to providing people living in rural areas with an equality of opportunity and establishes programs for these people, that’s why we want implement this TC.
In addition, these people realize that they are not forgotten and feel that they are members of the society. Specially, we want to improve the feeling of solidarity and tolerance among the youth in European Union to improve the social congruity.
Combining Youth workers from different countries will foster intercultural dialogue,centered in the problems that affect people living in rural areas with whom they work with daily, understanding that those issues are so similar to each other’s and fostering their feeling of solidarity. We think that nonformal education plays a great role in this.
- Teachers, social workers, youth workers, peer-leaders, youth organization/club activists, scout leaders, educators, etc.
- Working with young people (13-30 years old; not children) in schools and/or in a non-formal education system (as volunteers or paid workers) on a regular basis
- Ready to organize follow-up activities using the experience from this training (individually or together with another person from the same country) within 3 months after the training
- Ready to prepare 1 post/article for publicity to share results from the training and applying it in their daily youth work
- Committed to learning and working together for quite long hours every day
- Aged 18+
- Good skills of communication in English
This Training Course is
for 27 participants
from Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Turkey
and recommended for
Youth workers, Trainers, Youth leaders, Youth project managers
This activity and venue place are accessible to people with disabilities.
Udruga za razvoj zajednice Kreaktiva (Youth NGO)
The association was founded to improve and advance the status and quality of life for youth in the community and the protection of social rights of other members of vulnerable groups – children, people with disabilities, the elderly, women and the unemployed. Aim of the NGO is to provide support to community development through capacity building of each individual practical application of modern methods, to strengthen the capacity of non-profit, for-profit and public sectors on the basis of cooperation and partnership in the development of different services on a local and regional level. We are striving toward a vision – through establishment of good cooperation and linking different sectors we are trying to contribute to development of civil society as a whole.
Contact for questions:
Phone: +385 91 7899235
No participation fee will be charged. All organizational costs will be covered by the ERASMUS+ program.
Accommodation and food
The accommodation, 3 meals a day and coffee breaks will be covered fully by ERASMUS+ programme.
Training and sleeping will take place at the hotel “Silver” in Osijek, Croatia.
Participants will share rooms of 2-4 beds (with separate shower/bathroom). Free Wi-Fi will be available, but if you already have a mobile data plan from another EU/EFTA country mobile operator – you can use it in Croatia without additional roaming charges.
Travel costs will be transferred in EUR currency to the bank account of the participant as soon as all activities are implemented, tickets, boarding passes, invoices, and receipts are submitted.
Travel costs will be reimbursed in line with the distance calculator.
Poland, Turkey, Italy, Spain, Lithuania, Greece, Romania – up to 275 €
Hungary – up to 20 €
Portugal – up to 360 €
Croatia – 0 €
ÖNEMLİ NOT: YUKARIDAKİ ETKİNLİK/PROJE/DUYURU/HABER İÇERİĞİNDEN DERNEĞİMİZ SORUMLU DEĞİLDİR. İLAN SAHİBİ KURUM YA DA KURULUŞ, İLANIN YAYINLANMASININ ARDINDAN İLANDA DEĞİŞİKLİK YAPABİLİR. SON BAŞVURU TARİHİ, PROJE TARİHLERİ, PROJEYE BAŞVURU YAPABİLEN ÜLKELER VB. SONRADAN DEĞİŞTİRİLEBİLİR. BÖYLE BİR DURUM OLMASI TAKDİRİNDE DERNEĞİMİZ SORUMLU DEĞİLDİR. İLAN İLE İLGİLİ HER KONUDA LÜTFEN İLAN SAHİBİ KURUMLA İLETİŞİME GEÇİNİZ.